Chinese School at Chapel Hill - Class Profile

Class Name:Soft Skills 软实力修炼:健全的心志,快乐的人生
Class Room:119
Class Time:4:00-4:50 PM
Pre-requirement:Age 13+
Textbook:
Class Goal:Dr. Plesec (retired psychology) and Nurse Jan Maren lead the class.
According to Mainstream psychology, IQ contributes only about 20 percent to the factors that determine life success, which leaves 80 % to other forces, which are
EQ(Emotional Quotient) ,
PQ (Physical Quotient) ,
CQ (Creativity Quotient),
AQ (Adversity Quotient),
SQ (Spiritual Quotient).
http://jobs.ucdc.co.in/getpagedata.php?pageid=NDM%3D

If you look at 5 following characters of GRIT, we can map the following back to above Quotients Courage,
Conscientiousness: Achievement Oriented vs. Dependable,
Long-Term Goals and Endurance: Follow Through
Resilience: Optimism, Confidence, and Creativity
Excellence vs. Perfection

Ni说 | 前普林斯顿面试官:“优秀的”中国孩子,为什么面试印象三次大转折?

Asian American Student Suicide Rate at MIT is Quadruple the National Average
http://reappropriate.co/2015/05/asian-american-student-suicide-rate-at-mit-is-quadruple-the-national-average/

How did All 12 boys and soccer coach survive in Thai cave?

Let's give a kid practice opportunities to practice those Intelligence.

There will be guest speakers in the class.

Parents are welcome to the class.

为人父母的终极使命,其实是培养出适应社会的孩子。并且需要从很小的时候就开始培养,为孩子提供与外界接触的机会,鼓励孩子参加社会活动。
Teacher Name:Fu, Yi 傅易
Teacher Contact Info:Phone: 702-401-8225 (text during the day, it is OK to call me at night)    Email: Michellezheng999@gmail.com
Parents Representative: 
Parents Representative Phone: 
Class DateClass PlanClass Day
01/12/2019 Yes
01/26/2019 Yes
02/09/2019 Yes
02/16/2019 Yes
02/23/2019 Yes
03/02/2019 Yes
03/09/2019 Yes
03/16/2019 Yes
04/06/2019 Yes
04/13/2019 Yes
04/20/2019 Yes
04/27/2019 Yes
05/04/2019 Yes
05/11/2019 Yes
05/18/2019 Yes
06/01/2019 Yes
06/08/2019 Yes
No School: 01/19/2019(MLK Weekend),   02/02/2019(Chinese New Year Celebration Performance at ECHS),   03/23/2019(Spring break),   03/30/2019(Spring break),   05/25/2019(Memorial Day, Picnic, Camping)
CSCH Web Site: http://www.csch-nc.org
 
   Copyright © Chinese School at Chapel Hill.    All Rights Reserved.    Page Loaded on 6/19/2019 11:35:10 PM ET